Engineering Manager (Russia)
As it continues to grow rapidly, Moteefe is seeking an experienced, highly energetic and motivational Engineering Manager to lead its software delivery capability based in Russia
Reporting directly to Moteefe's CTO and are pivotal in our ability to deliver software to our customer quickly, on time, and to a high degree of quality. They are both 'hands on', and involved in our strategic technical decisions.
To succeed in this role, you should have excellent time and conflict management skills. Being able to communicate clearly is essential as you’ll collaborate with different type of stakeholders in order to deliver results on deadlines. Ultimately, the Engineering Manager role is to track and ensure that all projects are completed in a timely manner using best of breed engineering practices.
- Report directly to the CTO
- Form part of the technology leadership team (along with me and João Costa, who holds the equivalent role in Portugal)
- Line manage (directly and indirectly) all Russia-based engineers
- Increase collaboration and facilitate better communication
- Improve and uphold better ways of working, engineering principles and practices (Agile)
- Along with the Product Manager and the engineering teams, liaise with stakeholders and third parties to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives.
- Work with the Lisbon team to design and implement the new architecture
- Retain the best talent and key knowledge holders
- Providing reports and insight to management - track project progress using Agile metrics.
- Help identify low performers and agree replace/reduce plans where appropriate
- Regular travel to Lisbon, Portugal expected (once per 4-6 weeks, Schengen Visa required)
- Previous experience in a hands-on technical role (Software Engineer, QA Engineer, DBA etc)
- Experience introducing or improving in place Agile methodologies, such as XP/Scrum/Kanban (ideally Certified Scrum Master or similar)
- Experienced in working in an environment that campions a DevOps mindset, Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- System architecture (intermediate capability)
- Examples of both inheriting and building software engineering teams, and growing and optimising them
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful project throughout its lifecycle
- Hands-on experience with project management tools (e.g. JIRA, Monday.com)
- Designing, delivering, scaling and supporting internet-scale consumer facing (eCommerce) software
- Providing mentoring, coaching and training to junior staff, and identifying next generation leaders
Skills and qualifications
- Strong conventional or non-conventional academic achievements – STEM preferred
- Agile Project Management training and certification(s) - ideally being a Certified Scrum Master
- Proactive attitude.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organisational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong teamwork skills
- Chairing and moderating meetings and conflict management.
- We will offer you a very competitive salary.
- Investment in training and professional development
- Opportunity to work with leaders in their professional field, and grow as rapidly as you are able to in a meritocratic environment
Any data that Custom Materials Ltd t/a Moteefe (Thomas House, 84 Eccleston Square, London, SW1V 1PX) collects from you is for recruitment purposes only. Our Privacy Notice is available on our careers page. If you have any queries please contact [email protected] .