Head of Engineering
Moteefe is seeking an experienced, highly energetic and motivational Head of Engineering to take charge of, optimise and grow its engineering team through its continuing period of rapid growth.
The Head of Engineering is the most senior programmer within the business and will oversee and be responsible for the software and data engineering function at Moteefe, the primary role of which is the development of new software product and extension of core platforms.
You will lead 3-5 team leaders, each with their own teams of 4-6 engineers to endure they deliver as expected and in an organised, open and collegiate fashion.
The Head of Engineering will set and implement appropriate standards across the function, including security, performance, quality, regulatory compliance and availability.
This is a senior role, and will be expected to be delivering against a complex range of tangible and non-tangible objectives.
- The Technology function is today relatively immature; demonstrating the capability to quickly assimilate information and make quick optimisation decisions will be important, as will be listening to and making good use of strategic work already carried out
- The role is highly delivery focussed
- The role will liaise with colleagues and partners internationally; significant video conferencing, use of collaboration tools and material international travel will be important parts of the role
Skills and qualifications
- Software programming capability (expert level, language agnostic, ideally recognised domain expert in at least one field)
- Data engineering understanding (advanced level)
- Infrastructure engineering proficiency (intermediate level)
- Code architecture (expert capability)
- System architecture (advanced capability)
- Project management (ideally Certified Scrum Master or similar)
- Strong conventional or non-conventional academic achievements – STEM preferred
- Significant experience in an engineering leadership role within a high-growth internet scale business, preferably within a venture-backed or private equity owned environment, in addition to a strong track record of personal software delivery
- Examples of both inheriting and building software engineering teams, and growing and optimising them over a period of multiple years
- Designing, delivering, scaling and supporting internet-scale consumer facing (eCommerce) software
- Providing mentoring, coaching and training to junior staff, and identifying next generation leaders
- We will offer you a competitive salary. We will not ask for your existing salary before making you an offer.
- Participation in company’s 6-monthly bonus scheme, based on company financial targets and your own performance
- Investment in training and professional development
- Opportunity to work with leaders in their professional field, and grow as rapidly as you are able to in a meritocratic environment
Any data that Custom Materials Ltd t/a Moteefe (Thomas House, 84 Eccleston Square, London, SW1V 1PX) collects from you is for recruitment purposes only. Our Privacy Notice is available on our careers page. If you have any queries please contact [email protected] .
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!