Engineering Team Lead
As it continues to grow rapidly, Moteefe is seeking an experienced, highly energetic and motivational Engineering Team Lead to lead one of its delivery teams.
Our Engineering Team Leads report directly to Moteefe's Head of Engineering and are pivotal in our ability to deliver software to our customer quickly, on time, and to a high degree of quality. They are both 'hands on', and involved in our strategic technical decisions.
In this role you will oversee and be responsible for 4-8 software, data and quality engineerings, the primary role of which is the development of new software product and extension of core platforms. You will ensure they deliver as expected and in an organised, open and collegiate fashion.
You will assist the Head of Engineering in setting and implementing appropriate standards across the function, including security, performance, quality, regulatory compliance and availability.
This is a senior role, and will be expected to be able to juggle in-train work, planning future deliverables and providing professional input on strategic questions.
- The role will liaise with team members, colleagues and partners internationally; significant video conferencing, use of collaboration tools and occasional international travel will be important parts of the role
Skills and qualifications
- Software programming capability (expert level, ideally language agnostic) - experience of Ruby on Rails an advantage but not necessary
- Data engineering understanding (intermediate level)
- Infrastructure engineering proficiency (intermediate level)
- Code architecture (advanced capability)
- System architecture (intermediate capability)
- Project management (ideally Certified Scrum Master or similar)
- Strong conventional or non-conventional academic achievements – STEM preferred
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams to deliver software product, in addition to a strong track record of personal software delivery
- Examples of both inheriting and building software engineering teams, and growing and optimising them
- Designing, delivering, scaling and supporting internet-scale consumer facing (eCommerce) software
- Providing mentoring, coaching and training to junior staff, and identifying next generation leaders
- We will offer you a competitive salary. We will not ask for your existing salary before making you an offer.
- Participation in company’s 6-monthly bonus scheme, based on company financial targets and your own performance
- Investment in training and professional development
- Opportunity to work with leaders in their professional field, and grow as rapidly as you are able to in a meritocratic environment
Any data that Custom Materials Ltd t/a Moteefe (Thomas House, 84 Eccleston Square, London, SW1V 1PX) collects from you is for recruitment purposes only. Our Privacy Notice is available on our careers page. If you have any queries please contact [email protected] .
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!