Junior Data Analyst
As it continues to grow rapidly, Moteefe is offering the opportunity for an intelligent, dynamic and motivated Data Analyst Intern to join our team on a 6-12 month basis.
You will work with various key members of the team -- including founders and department heads -- to analyse the business' data (customer, operational and logistic, and financial) and provide recommendations on how it might be best used and the insights that can be gained.
You will work on mini-projects and tasks. Some will be quite prescriptive and have a particular focus, whilst others will be very open-ended.
For the right candidate, this internship provides a vibrant and energetic environment in which to develop commercially focussed analyst skills with a view to either joining the business in a full-time permanent role upon completion, or else using this experience to provide a solid basis for your next career move.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct problems
- In conjunction with the engineering team, develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other data tools and assets
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs, including presenting reports and recommendations based on analysis
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Good understanding and expertise across data analysis and modelling, database design and development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, R, Python etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Postgraduate qualification in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Physics, Computer Science, Information Management or similar discipline
- Experience of modelling data to detect fraudulent or similar behaviour is advantageous