Moteefe is a fast-moving, multi-award winning, exciting young business with a global presence. Founded in 2014, we are offering a great working environment with excellent career progression opportunities to the best and brightest professionals. Our mission is to help entrepreneurs and influencers to sell customised merchandise online.
We are looking for an ambitious and organised HR Generalist to join our rapidly expanding Lisbon team to help us become the No.1 custom merchandise company in the world. The role will provide generalist HR support to our Lisbon office and will include employee relations queries and case work, advising and training managers on various tasks and involvement in the disciplinary and grievance procedures. The role also covers all aspects of Recruitment, On-boarding and Pre-employment checks, Payroll Administration, as well as the maintenance and update of the Single Central Record.
- Act as key point of contact for HR queries providing guidance on HR policy, process and operating procedures to employees and managers.
- Lead on some recruitment campaigns, posting roles on Recruitment portal and various job boards. Monitoring application levels, responding to queries, organising interviews, reference requests and issuing offer.
- Responsible for the on boarding process for successful candidates ensuring all pre-employment checks have been carried out including, eligibility to work, etc. supporting documentation has been checked, and systems and files have been updated accordingly.
- Ensure the HR System is kept up to date with all changes within the company, including; new starters, leavers, changes of personal and contractual details, sickness and other absences as well as the update of training records.
- Take on office managerial duties, for example; figure out health & safety rules and ensure we’re compliant
- Monitor progress of new staff through the probation period, liaising with managers where necessary to ensure review meetings are carried out appropriate actions taken during the probationary period.
- Support and advise staff on maternity, paternity leave and parental leave in line with Moteefe family friendly policies.
- Ensure that managers and staff are aware of all HR policies and procedures and support them with any queries they may have.
- Draft and send out contracts, offer letters in Portuguese and ideally in English too
- Arrange interviews and book meeting rooms
- Compile monthly report for payroll including any staff changes, absence report together with details of any temporary payments. Provide associated paperwork to payroll team in line with agreed payroll cutoff dates.
- Advise on employment matters or at least build relationship with employment lawyer at GES Consulting) and gather information to help us make informed decisions
- Book flights and accommodation for Leadership team.
- Assist with rollout of additional Charlie HR functionality – onboarding, self-service, on line appraisals etc.
- Manage office expenses for Lisbon as well as purchases.
- Fluent in Portuguese and English
- Ability to deal with many moving pieces
- Highly effective communication skills
- Good people management skills, able to delegate and escalate as appropriate
- Ability to drive priorities and work on own initiative
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Ability to approach confidential matters with discretion, sensitivity and diplomacy
- Ability to liaise confidently with senior management, staff, parents and the wider community
- System focused with ability to pick up new systems quickly
- Friendly, enthusiastic, approachable
- Good knowledge in HR policies and processes.
- Strong employment legislation knowledge.
- Experience of handing varied and complex Employee Relation casework.
- Experience working with multi-national or remote teams.
- Experience working for small to medium sized companies or start ups.
- "Charlie" is the HR System used by Moteefe and its’ update and maintenance will be an integral part of your role - whilst you don’t need to have experience of using this system any exposure to this or similar HR systems is essential.
- Workable is used to advertise all roles within the Moteefe – any experience of using this or a similar on line recruitment tool would be an advantage.
- Good experience of using Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) to create templates, mail merges, pivot tables etc.